This in-depth course provides a thorough introduction to web application development using the Rails framework. Why Ruby on Rails? Since its introduction, it's rapidly become one of the most powerful tools available. It's even used by top sites like Basecamp, Twitter, Shopify, Github, Groupon, Hulu, Airbnb, and many more. This course takes an extremely hands-on approach, even the code you'll use is created from scratch, limiting the use of shortcuts and generators. You'll dive right in and use a pre-configured Ruby on Rails development environment to master essential skills.
- Practice & understand Ruby on Rails fundamentals w/ 84 lectures & 16 hours of content
- Study Rails 4 using cloud-based Integrated Development Environment
- Work w/ Git for version control & GitHub as a code repository
- Study Rails MVC structure in-depth: models, views & controllers
- Conceptualize & design using wireframing tools
- Building an authentication system using default Rails stack: admin feature, log in/logout & signup
- Work w/ Bootstrap for UI, Amazon Web Services for file/image hosting, file uploaders, Gravatars
- Test Driven Development (TDD) for certain features using Minitest
- Study model & non-model backed forms, implementing like/dislike voting feature
- Learn migrations, one-to-many & many-to-many associations
Mashrur Hossain has been a technology professional for over a decade and holds degrees in both Computer Science and Economics. He has worked with Enterprise Software Systems throughout his career with roles in analysis, development, and management. He is very passionate about web application development, and believes Ruby on Rails has proven to be a very strong force in this field. Join him for his comprehensive Ruby on Rails Developer courses as he guides you through the world of web application development using Rails.
For more details on this course and instructor, click here
. This course is hosted by StackSkills, the premier eLearning destination for discovering top-shelf courses on everything from coding—to business—to fitness, and beyond!